CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Monday, February 23, 2009

Happy Hour

Saturday afternoon, Patrick, Joan, Anne Louise and I were sitting around visiting. I decided it was time to open the special bottle of wine Joan had bought for me during her visit of Artesa Vineyards last August. I was mid-pregnancy at the time and totally craving some good chardonnay, so she brought me back a bottle of the "Limited Reserve" to have once "Herbie" was born. Now, I had never intended to share this swanky bottle of wine; nor did I think I would end up drinking it on a random Saturday in yoga pants and a t-shirt. Anyway, I decided that I WOULD share, so we ended up popping the bottle. Great decision because it was definitely some of the best wine I've ever had!

So, I know I say I was in workout pants, but they were fancy pants -- lululemon pants, which were also a present from Joan purchased on a different visit to the West Coast. Thus, it only made sense to put Anne Louise in her "Party Dress" that Joan bought in Beverly Hills at Marie Chantal. (Its starting to sound like we are being sponsored by Joan --- that's about right! Really, I just think its Joan showing off all the cool things from California so we will think its so great out there. Its working.) We had so much fun playing dress up.

Look how Anne Louise is already holding her head up while Joan is tying the bow!
Ok, now she is starting to look a little annoyed at how long it was taking . . .
But it took a few minutes to get the bow just perfect!
Isn't the dress GORGEOUS!!
Anne Louise definitely has some room to grow in the dress, so luckily we'll get plenty of use out of it (more than just playing dress up, hopefully)! This is when Happy Hour took a turn for the worst. Joan wanted to see what AL looked like in her Party Dress and pink Chuck Taylors (which are obviously still a little big, too) . . . . And this is when "Happy Hour" turned out to be not so "happy" anymore. So, Auntie Joanie fed Anne Louise her own happy hour concoction. That night, Patrick and I had another fabulous night out thanks to Aunt Caroline! She babysat while we hit the town with some friends we haven't seen in a while. Apparently, Anne Louise was very worn out from Happy Hour because Carrie said she slept the whole time we were gone!

2 comments:

Kevin, Leslie, and Harper said...

she looks so cute in that dress!! We would LOVE to see you guys if you could make the trip up! If not (or even if so) Kevin and I are hoping to make it down your way this summer sometime!

SB said...

You two are SO lucky to have a built-in babysitter. Seriously, don't take her for granted! Megan and I would kill to have family in town to come hang out with Colin and Cora.