Today, Anne Louise and I celebrated her three week birthday by getting out of the house. It was quite an adventure. Really, we only had a quick errand to run to pick up something for Joan, but I "coincidentally" planned the excursion for lunch time so I could stop by Chic-Fil-A (which was MUCH better than the leftovers I've been having . . . even though I've actually accidentally skipped lunch a few times, too). It took at least 15 minutes to get packed up and out of the house. And, for once in my life, I drove really, really slow . . . . Anyway, we ended the trip with a stop by "Nana's House" to check in on her. It was a great time, and Anne Louise did wonderful in the car!
Now that she's such a big girl (and now that we've figured out how to better manage our daytime activities), Anne Louise is having fun playing with some of her stuff . . . including the activity mat. When she's not sleeping on it (which is most of the time), she is working hard to focus on all the little animals that hang from it.
Over the past few weeks, Briar and Sydney have become very adjusted to Anne Louise. They usually lie in front of where ever she is - sort of like a guard dog. In fact, Sydney is very protective of her. Also, Sydney LOVES to lick Anne Louise's feet and hands - it reminds Patrick of how Sydney used to be with her puppies. Maybe she loves Anne Louise like she did her own babies???? Maybe . . . . As for Briar, he likes to smell her and lie around her, but he hasn't shown quite the same "motherly" tendencies as Sydney. They are both VERY good with her - gentle and sweet - which is such a relief to us!


0 comments:
Post a Comment