We've been bad about taking (and obviously posting) pictures because of our adjustment to the frequent feedings, numerous diaper changes, lack of sleep, doctors' appointments, and attempting to keep the house in order and some (I mean "some") laundry done. To demonstrate, we have some pictures that show exactly why we don't have a ton of pictures . . . .
Oh isn't she precious when she sleeps? If only this was at night. This is what Anne Louise looks like during the DAY!!!
This is another "day" picture. Now we LOVE the peace and quiet - don't get me wrong. But it would be better if it also came at night.
This is more like what she looks like at night. Anne Louise's new favorite game is "Stay Up All Night and Scream." She prefers to play between 10 pm and 7 am (and I don't mean on average - those are the hours she was up on Sunday night).
Oh yeah - this is the 4 AM look.
So we talked to our pediatrician today (in an attempt to save our sanity), and she suggested we do more frequent feedings during the day and try to keep her awake more so that she will sleep at night. Apparently, having the days and nights mixed up is a common newborn problem (and I mean "problem" for the parents -- no problem for the baby)! Here is what happens when we try to keep her awake during the day.


3 comments:
I hope Anne Louise gets the night and day thing figured out soon!! She is very cute though!
Hey...hang in there! Joseph did the exact same thing the first 2 weeks. Except he took little cat naps during the day (no sleep for me) and the was up ALLLL night. It resolved on its own all of a sudden at 3 to 4 weeks.
All too true! It sounds trite to say "hang in there" but she'll get the day/night thing down sooner or later (hopefully sooner!). I cracked up picturing you and Patrick at the pediatrician..."she just won't stop crying!!" I'll share with you the words Megan's doctor shared with her: welcome to the other side.
Post a Comment