Patrick and I are very excited about what God has in store for us in 2009! So far, the year is off to a great start! Joan and Caroline hosted a New Year's Eve party, which of course included some LUSCIOUS food (I know I use that word way too much when I describe Joan's cooking, but seriously, its hard to put into words how fabulous it is!!). We had a good time with our friends. Here are a few pictures from the night.



Like I said, 2009 is off to a great start. We had our LAST appointment with my OB/GYN this morning and our last non-stress test. Our baby girl did well - heartbeat and movement were great! We also found out a little more about what the c-section on Tuesday will be like. I can't have anything to eat or drink past 2 AM - not even water (that will be super hard for me because I drink water ALL the time). We have to get there at 11, but the surgery part starts at 1:30. The actual procedure should take about an hour from start to finish, although Herbie will be out within the first couple of minutes. The neonatologist will be in the delivery room and will take the baby for observation in the NICU shortly after she's delivered. Patrick gets to be in there the whole time and can even watch the procedure if he wants. We'll see about that. My view, however, will be blocked by a screen - thank goodness!! Patrick doesn't get to really cut the cord because of sterilization issues, which is FINE by me! After I'm "sewn up" (doesn't that sound lovely?), then I will be in recovery for a few hours. After that, they will "wheel" me to the NICU to see the baby. I'll be in the hospital for four days most likely - no clue on how long Herbie will there because it all depends on the diagnosis.
God has really answered our prayers over the past several weeks. Herbie will be born at 38 weeks - not 31 weeks as we once thought. Also, the fluid in her abdomen seems to be stable, if not better. Patrick and I continue to feel His grace and love and know the peace that comes from knowing the Lord is in control will continue through Tuesday!



0 comments:
Post a Comment