CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, January 9, 2009

Anne Louise Harris Magee - Born Jan. 6, 2009 at 1:54 weighing 8 lbs, 3 ozs and 20 inches long!

Sorry it has taken us forever to be able to post some pictures (now I know why some moms say that just getting a shower each day is a chore), but we are SO SO PROUD to welcome Anne Louise Harris Magee to our family. To say she is precious is an understatement. She was born at 1:54 on Tuesday, January 6, 2009, weighed 8 lbs and 3 ozs, and was 20 inches long. Her name comes from some very strong women in our family. Anne is my mom's middle name, Louise is a common name in my huge hybrid of family (its Harriett's middle name, my niece Hannah's middle name, my mom's step-mother/my step-grandmother, and my dad's aunt), and Harris is Patrick's paternal grandmother's maiden name. We really wanted a family name, and with this choice - including the double first name -we were able to pack in a lot of family!

Ok, here are some pictures (finally)!!!! This is us getting ready to leave for the hospital. For ONCE, we were on time. This is me waiting to go into surgery for the c-section. That smile was not quite so big as soon as I walked into the operating room, but quickly returned once Anne Louise was here!

Here are the two of us right before they took me back. Patrick came into the operating room literally right as they started the procedure. Here is Anne Louise being monitored right after she was born. This is her first bath. She doesn't look too happy about it. I was in recovery for several hours. This is a not-so-great picture of me (had been out of surgery for about 30 mins and was totally loaded up on lots of drugs), but its the first time I got to hold Anne Louise, so I had to post it!
Here is Patrick holding her for the second time, which was in the recovery room with me. He actually got to hold her in the operating room, but because of hospital policy, we couldn't take the camera in there. Also, for the record, Patrick got to wear a hospital scrub suit that he was real excited about. Unfortunately, we didn't get a picture of that. Here are some other pictures from the rest of the day once we got to our room. I was in recovery for a long time, so once we FINALLY got the room, everyone was really excited to be able to see and hold Anne Louise.





Here was the view from our hospital room that night. What a beautiful sight at the end of the most beautiful day in our lives.Since Tuesday, we have had lots of visits from family and friends. I promise to post more pictures soon!

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the last picture of the city and the comment you made below it. You are right, such a beautiful scene to end such a beautiful day. I am just so happy Anne Louise is here and healthy! Praise God, from whom all blessings flow!