Growing up, my mom used to let us have one day a year to stay out of school without actually being sick. Today, I decided to keep Anne Louise out of school to spend the day with Spencer and me. The weather was supposed to beautiful (70 degrees and sunny), I wanted to take a walk, and Anne Louise is OBSESSED with “stroller rides.” I would feel guilty if I did that without her. We started off with blueberry pancakes (frozen, I must confess), and Anne Louise was allowed to watch her FAVORITE Yo Gabba Gabba while I fed baby sisser. After that, it was “stroller time.” We went for a three mile walk (that took a long time for this seven weeks post-baby mama), where Anne Louise said “Hello Punkin” to every pumpkin and “Hello Swirlk” (or “Good mornin’ Swirlk”) to every squirrel. It was adorable. Spencer enjoyed the fresh air, too, and was easily put to sleep by Tour-Guide-Big-Sister’s constant commentary.
After the long walk, we had lunch together and then Anne Louise took a super-long-just-like-old-times almost THREE hour nap. When she woke up, we immediately headed for the park at the Harris YMCA. Anne Louise couldn’t have been more excited! She literally ran to the swings.
Anne Louise kept telling Spencer, “Watch, Baby Sisser. Watch Swinging.” Spencer was watching very intensely. Very.
We emailed Patrick a picture from the park and next thing we knew . . . . SURPRISE!!!
We stayed at the park until it was almost dark. We came home, ate supper, and read lots of books before an exhausted Anne Louise went to bed. I had such a wonderful day with my little munchkins, although it may be back to school for AL tomorrow


0 comments:
Post a Comment