Poor little Spencer. Anne Louise got at least a blog a week during her first few months, but I didn’t have an almost two year old to chase around. No excuse, I know. In fact, I was just reading a friends’ blog (www.annaanddrew.blogspot.com – we went to law school together, and Anna and I worked together when I was in Raleigh) and saw that her sidebar noted I hadn’t updated our blog in four weeks. Poor little Spencer.
She’s over two months old now, and I haven’t even done her “Happy Two Month Birthday” post. Poor little Spencer. She did get a great report at her doctor’s appt, and she’s in the 75-90% for weight and height. I wish I had exact numbers, but I forgot the piece of paper that had the info at the doctor’s office because we also had Anne Louise with us. Poor little Spencer. Spencer’s big milestone for this month is smiling. She has the CUTEST little smile and she does it often. COMPLETELY melts my heart when she smiles at me. Of course, you wouldn’t know it by the pictures we take. Here is my first attempt at her two month picture (which was actually closer to her two month birthday as opposed to the week-and-a-half late one above).
Poor little Spencer.
Over the past four weeks, we have had Thanksgiving with the Wilsons.Aunt Gogo came in town from Cawl-ee-fooo-nia and Uncle Marca (who is actually cousin Marcus) came in town from Indianapolis. Anne Louise has also not stopped talking about “Baby And-ew” from Jackson. But, enough about Anne Louise – she has had her own blog writeups. Poor little Spencer. Spencer had a great first Thanksgiving. She enjoyed the “Turkey Tri” (as AL calls it), which was the Turkey Trot 5K on Thanksgiving Day.
Spencer also enjoyed all the family time and managed to sleep through all of Thanksgiving Dinner, which worked out well so we could double team sugar-cranked-up Anne Louise (who ate a little too many “punkie rolls”). Oh again, the topic turns to our bubbly little all-over-the-place-and-in-your-face toddler Anne Louise. Poor little Spencer.
After Thanksgiving, we got our Christmas Tree. It was a Griswald-inspired adventure as we decked out in Christmas attire. Dinner took a little longer than normal, so we ended up getting our tree at a lot down the road.
Not exactly memorable EXCEPT for the fact that its run by the same family that ran the place where my family used to get our tree when I grew up. And not exactly the trip the tree farm, which is what we did for Anne Louise’s first Christmas. Poor little Spencer. But we had a great time!!
Enough with the Poor Little Spencer. Spencer actually has been spoiled like a baby . . . a precious little baby. Spencer got her own newborn photo shoot with an amazing photographer, Annette Goodman. Annette used to work with Patrick and has recently started a photography business. She got some amazing artistic shots of our little munchkin.
Anne Louise also is helping spoil Spencer. My favorite was when Spencer was playing on her mat and AL got down there with her. We told Anne Louise to be careful because Spencer was a baby, and next thing we knew, Anne Louise got her babies and put them in there with Spencer so she could have some friends. It was adorable.
We love our little girls. And we love spending time with them, which is why the blogging has been a little slow. Here are a couple of pictures from the past couple of weeks.
Spencer on a walkAL playing in Daddy’s Shoes (yes, we are those parents that let our monkey run around in a diaper)
Anne Louise LOVES her babies and her crib that Grandi gave her. She holds her babies and sings “Jesus for the Bible” before putting them in the crib and covering them with a “banket.” I won’t mention the time I saw her in her crib trying to breastfeed one of her babies. Ok, I will mention it.
Anne Louise is also obsessed with swings. In the morning, when we walk out to the car, the first thing she does is say, “Good mo-nin Schwing.”
These babies love their Daddy. And their books. And each other. Look how AL has her arm around baby Spencer. LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
She’s even trying to pick her up in this last little picture. Adorable.
Whew. It has been a long 4 weeks since I last posted on here. Hopefully, we won’t be gone so long next time.


0 comments:
Post a Comment