CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, March 26, 2010

Insane Lifestyle – New Edition (and New Addition)

So, I’ve been a little slack in updating our blog with all the happenings in the Magee Insane Lifestyle but that’s because, well, we’ve been living an insane lifestyle.  First, the biggest news . . . which is actually, the smallest news.  ultrasound picAL Big Sister

Of course, the most obvious way to crank up the insanity in our lives, is to add another munchkin to our family.  We are VERY excited about the new baby, which we get to meet sometime around September 29.  Because Anne Louise was a c-section, the doctor has also recommended this baby be delivered by a scheduled c-section.  Like Anne Louise, we will find out if its a boy or a girl, but we’ll keep the name a secret until the baby is here!  Since I’m now out of the first trimester, I’m feeling MUCH better, but I had awful nausea and have been super tired until about a week ago.  I had no symptoms with Anne Louise, so maybe this one’s a boy???  (We find out April 27).

In addition to our new addition, we have added to the chaos with several fun trips over the past few weeks.  Grandi came in town to take care of Anne Louise, while Patrick, Joan, Caroline and I headed to San Francisco to visit Joan’s boyfriend Kris.  Our Co-Bro (cousin who is more like a brother) Marcus met us out there for a FUN family weekend!  We did the tourist thing around San Fran (LOVED our night tour of Alcatraz), spent a day in Napa (guess who was the LUCKY designated driver), and ate at a famous restaurant in Berkley (Chez Panisse).  Patrick had his first Dim Sum experience during our lunch at Yank Sing – and it was LUSCIUOS.  Best of all, the weather was beautiful!   Here are a few (from our 500 --- literally) pictures:DSC_0220 DSC_0020 DSC_0023 DSC_0044 DSC_0048 DSC_0049 DSC_0050 DSC_0055 DSC_0115 DSC_0145 DSC_0169 DSC_0172 DSC_0176 DSC_0185 DSC_0192 DSC_0214DSC_0133 DSC_0009 DSC_0013 DSC_0042 DSC_0057 DSC_0062 DSC_0070 DSC_0086 DSC_0098 DSC_0119

The weekend after that, we took our annual trip to Wrightsville Beach  to celebrate Patrick’s Birthday, my friend Misty’s Birthday, and the ACC Tournament (which was not much of a celebration since Carolina was out in the first round on Thursday).  My best friends from law school Cat Thomas and Misty Woodard (now Hardison) and I have been getting together for this weekend for almost ten years.  Although the location has changed over the years, its always a really fun weekend to get together.  This year, we returned to the Thomas Mansion Castle Beach House for a great time.  Like last year, Anne Louise went with us and thanks to our FAVORITE beach babysitter (UNCW grad from Charlotte who’s living at the beach) Brittany, we hit up some of our favorite beach restaurants and bars.  Then, the weekend after THAT, we were supposed to go to St. Augustine with our neighbors Rich and Ave, but I woke up early Friday morning with a LOVELY stomach bug that has been going around.  That afternoon, Patrick got “hit” with it and Anne Louise ended up with a fever.  Needless to say, we didn’t make the trip to the Sunshine State and instead, spent lots of time at home and in bed catching up on some MUCH needed rest.  In between all these super fun weekends, Patrick and I have both been VERY busy at work and VERY busy at home chasing our little walker around the house.

SO, now our insane lifestyle is hopefully coming to a dull roar for a while.  Today was the first day in a while that I was able to spend some time with Anne Louise, catch up on grocery shopping and laundry, and just RELAX at home.   Anne Louise and I spent some time at the park this morning, which was fun.  Because I’ve been “requested” to post some pictures of Anne Louise on the blog, here are a few from our morning at the park.  DSC_0051 close up close up swinging 2 DSC_0003 DSC_0004 DSC_0006 DSC_0007 DSC_0009 DSC_0011 DSC_0012 DSC_0013 DSC_0014 DSC_0015 DSC_0022 DSC_0033 DSC_0038 DSC_0040 DSC_0041 DSC_0042 DSC_0044 DSC_0045 DSC_0048 DSC_0049 DSC_0050

0 comments: