CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, February 11, 2010

Anne Louise’s School Family

Anne Louise LOVES school.  That is an understatement.  She loves everything about it – the teachers, her friends, the toys, the books, the playground, the art activities – you name it, she loves it.  Anne Louise has been at Bright Horizons since she was five months old.  It is literally right next door to the courthouse, which has spoiled me because I’ve been able to check in on my munchkin any time I want.   Sadly, Anne Louise is going to be switching schools at the end of the month.  We had no reason to leave, except that her new school, the full-day Weekday School program at Myers Park Presbyterian Church, is gonna save us a lot of money.  It will also be more convenient for Patrick to pick her up on days when I am in court.  We’re excited about the new place (and its brand new classrooms), but sad to leave our Bright Horizons family. 

Again, I’m not exaggerating.  Bright Horizons has been our family for almost a year now.  They’ve helped to raise Anne Louise and have provided tons of practical tips and advice to get through this first year.  We’ve grown to love everyone there.  Margie and Alicia run the office and greet Anne Louise and me every morning (and AL loves to say, “Bye-Bye” to them when we leave).  OJ cooks all the luscious food, which Anne Louise devours every chance she gets (OJ even sometimes makes special requests – like making an extra breakfast if Anne Louise is, uh-um, late).  Anne Louise has a special place in her heart for all of her teachers – Miss Raven (who has loved little “Wheezy/Wheezer” since day 1), Miss Vivian (who is determined to teach Anne Louise how to walk), and Miss Sheila (who holds entire conversations with our little ramblin’ baby).  Anne Louise loves all the floaters, too, especially Miss Taryn, Miss Allison, and Miss Sara.  The teachers plan lots of fun things to do – fun things that we don’t do at home – like playing in the water or painting.Bright Horizons 5(I am blurring the pictures of the AL’s friends so I don’t get the other Mamas mad at me for posting their children on the internet).  Bright Horizons 3blur Bright Horizons 2blur

Anne Louise loves her friends at school, too, and is really going to miss her first friend Ainsley, who is only 2 weeks older than Anne Louise.  As her last day approaches, I know it will be filled with mixed emotions.  I cried when I told our friends at Bright Horizons that Anne Louise was leaving.  They were sad, too, which shows how much they love her.  We are so grateful for the love and care from our Bright Horizons family and will miss them very much.  But as we leave one place, we look forward to another.  Myers Park Pres is well-known for their preschool Weekday School program, and we are confident their full day program will be just as strong.  We feel blessed to have gotten in through a competitive lottery process and look forward to building relationships and friendships at the new school.

On a VERY exciting note, Anne Louise’s lead teacher Raven just had her first child – a precious baby boy named Chase.  Chase was born January 29, 2010, at 2:50 in the afternoon.  He weighed 4 lbs 13 ounces, and was 18 inches long.  Anne Louise can not WAIT to meet her new friend Chase!raven

0 comments: