“For I know the plans I have for you," declares the LORD, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future. Then you will call upon me and come and pray to me, and I will listen to you. You will seek me and find me when you seek me with all your heart.”
Jeremiah 29:11-13 (NIV)
2009 was a FANTASTIC year for the Magees. We have so much to be thankful for – the Lord truly blessed us abundantly over the past year. 2009 will always be remembered as the “Year of Anne Louise,” but we have many other precious memories, too. Looking back through our blog posts reminds me of so many good times with our friends and family. Truly, truly blessed. Patrick and I have tried to come up with our top three memories of 2009 (with the exception of the birth of a healthy, precious, and perfect Anne Louise, which is an automatic #1 OF COURSE). It was tough to compile, but I’d say: (1) Our traditional July 4th beach trip (but this time for a whole week) to Atlantic Beach; (2) High Hampton with the Wilsons; and (3) the time I was able to spend with Anne Louise during my maternity leave. Patrick’s top three memories are: (1) Coming home from the hospital with Anne Louise; (2) getting FHA approval at work; and (3) spending time on Shackleford Banks during July 4th week.
In order to continue the “good times,” Patrick and I had people over for dinner on New Years Eve. Caroline and “Uncle Marcus” (as he kept calling himself to AL, which is fine because Joan calls him our “Co-Bro” – get it? cousin/brother . . . haha) joined us for dinner, along with one of my best friends Misty, her husband Luke (they just moved to Charlotte – yay!), and Luke’s two brothers who were in town helping them move. We had a great time and enjoyed some DELCIOUS food (my second ever attempt at hollandaise) and some fabulous wines thanks to Caroline. Here are some pictures from the big night (and AL drinking her “celebratory” bottle with her NYE bib on).
(This last one is CW on the phone with Joan, who was in California, during the countdown – if we couldn’t all be together, at least we could all “celebrate” at the same time).
Happy New Year to all our friends and family! We pray the Lord will continue to bless each of you (and us) in 2010.


0 comments:
Post a Comment