This past weekend, Grandi and Granny came to babysit Anne Louise while Patrick went to visit his cousins Billy and John in DC/Philadelphia, and I went on a girls’ weekend trip to Charleston. EVERYONE had a blast! This is our second guest blog (CW did one a while back when she kept AL for our anniversary), and this time Grandi wrote one!
This past weekend I had the honor of spending time with my beautiful Charlotte granddaughter Anne Louise.
As Granny and I drove all day Thursday from Virginia Beach, the upcoming weekend was full of anticipated fun with Anne Louise. We had a great trip traveling to Charlotte to be weekend care givers while Patrick and Tricia went off for fun with friends and cousins.
Anne Louise came right to me and laid her sweet little head on my chest the first time I held her on Thursday night. Since we've only seen each other three times since she was born I was a little worried that it would take a little time for her to get to know me again. No worries there, because she knows how much I love her . . . since her mommy and daddy tell her all the time.
Friday afternoon (after the parents had left town) we took a ride around the area of Charlotte that I know best (South Park) and found a fabulous Harris Teeter. Granny and I were craving tomato soup and grilled cheese sandwiches (simple pleasures) so we bought what we needed as Anne Louise was provided a ride in the shopping cart baby seat (that we scrubbed down with an wet whip which are now provided at the front of all the grocery stores - how great is that).
I have to say Anne Louise is an outstanding baby. She eats all of her oatmeal and fruit, carrots, summer vegetables and puffs snacks like a champ. She doesn't blow raspberries with her food in her mouth.
She does occasionally grab the spoon and rubs the green beans in her hair, but everything washes off very easily with a little soap and water and she is good to go. She is crawling and trying to pull up on everything, but Tricia told me I couldn't teach her to walk this weekend so that fun was spoiled. Although, I will not be surprised if she says "mama" soon because Granny and I tried to teach her to say mama all weekend. It's just not fair that babies say dada first! Mama's more than deserve equal time in the first words department. Also, nap and bedtime are a snap with Anne Louise. She talks to her lovie animal blankies for a few seconds (yes seconds) and drops right off to sleep. Granny and I were very impressed at how well she falls to sleep. I think we wore her out with all the loving and play time we had during each day.
On Saturday, four generations went to Chili's for lunch. The party included Annie Lou, Great-Granny Gay, Nana Pat, Auntie Caroline and Grandi Vicki. Once again Anne Louise was an angel child sitting in a high chair at the table and eating her lunch along with all the grown ups. She only screached (her newest trick that breaks sound barriers) once, but we told people she was practicing for Halloween. The waitress and hostess made a big fuss over our table and the sweetness of our youngest member. After lunch we went home for nap time and then topped off the day with a trip to South Park Mall for a "little girl" clothes shopping. (Every grandmother's favorite activity!) Anne Louise rode in her new, hot pink umbrella stroller and screached her way through the baby clothes department at Macy's. She's so cute that nobody cared about the noise, especially her dotting Grandmother and Great Grandmother. It was such a great day and we all sleep well that night.
Patrick and Tricia arrived home on Sunday afternoon and we had the rest of the day (after Patrick's nap) and evening to visit (BTW - thanks for the handwoven grass baskets from the Charleston Marketplace). That evening we all went to Ruby Tuesday's for a lovely dining experience. It seems that fine dining is on hold for awhile since we are now having fun at dinner with our precious 9 month old. After all, first things first. Anne Louise was an angel at dinner once again.
Patrick and Tricia are great parents and the love is shining through in their little girl's eyes. Granny and I had a terrific weekend with the Charlotte Magee's! We're already counting the days for our next trip to Charlotte the end of October. Can't wait to see you all again!
Needless to say, Patrick and I REALLY REALLY appreciate Grandi and Granny coming to babysit AL. We had a great time, even though we were apart from eachother, but it only made coming back home even that much better! THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH Grandi and Granny!!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment