CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

School Days With Wheezy

school 3 Anne Louise LOVES school.  Most importantly, she LOVES her teachers.  When I drop her off in the morning, she is SO excited in the elevator.  Always so smiley and giggly.  When we get to her classroom, she jumps right in to playing with her friends.  By the time I unload her bottles and fill out her “report card,” she doesn’t even notice I’m still there.  At least she waves bye-bye! 

Anne Louise’s primary teacher is named Raven.  Raven is AWESOME!  She has been very helpful in making suggestions as Anne Louise continues to grow, and she’s been VERY patient as we have switched to formula, started cereal, started solids, and now, have started table food (we are STILL working on the naps, but even those are getting better!!!).    Miss Raven has her own nickname for Anne Louise – Wheezy (and sometimes Wheezers).  You can tell they LOVE each other! 

school 2 school 1AL’s other teachers are Miss Sherry, Miss Sheila (Miss She-She), and Miss Vivian.  They are all so great with Anne Louise.  They, along with Miss Raven, keep track of her bottles, her diapers (dirty/wet), food, naps, and big events of the day!  I love checking her report card at the end of the day to find out what she ate, how much of her bottle she drank, what she played with, how she slept, etc.  They mark it ALL down!  Its nice so I can feel like I’m part of the day! 

Each day, the teachers do different activities with the children.  At school, Anne Louise’s favorite toys are the blocks, the books, and the shakers.  My favorite thing from Anne Louise are her art projects (LOVE having things to hang on the fridge), and I’m most amazed by the things they do with these little ones (things like PAINT that I would be way too scared to do at home). 

Ok, I take that back.  My FAVORITE thing is when I get to pick Anne Louise up to go home.  Unfortunately, she’s usually the last one there (she does LOVE her “only child” time with Miss Raven).  When I walk in, she usually starts crawling right for me, and if I don’t pick her up FIRST thing (like if I start to get things out of her cubby first), she starts crying.  While I hate to see her cry, it is nice to feel loved and know that she missed me during her day at school!

school 4 (This trying-to-climb-my-leg thing is new . . . LOVE IT!)

0 comments: