This week was full of “special people.” On Wednesday, the whole family headed to the Quail Hollow Championship for the Pro-Am portion of the tournament. It was great to spend time together, and the weather was beautiful. Plus, we got to see some of our favorite golfers up close and personal – including Phil Mickelson, who has long been one of my faves! Anne Louise behaved well and was very quiet the whole time, so as a reward Phil autographed her stroller!
Thursday was a very special day because two very important people were born. Anne Louise’s first cousin (and our first niece) Harper Grace Magee was born at 5:15 pm and weighed 8.2 ozs and was 20.5 inches long! We cannot WAIT to meet her!!
Also, one of my good friends Covell and her husband Nick gave birth to their second child (my godson!!), a little boy Kenan Alexander Adams on the same day! Kenan was born at 6:37 pm and weighed 8.4 ozs and was 21.5 inches long! Covell and I have been playing phone tag, but I’m hoping to see him in the next few days!!
Patrick and I had a fun wedding to attend this weekend (Congrats Kate and Travis!!) with an After-Rehearsal Dinner party on Friday that we helped to host and then the big black-tie even on Saturday. We had such a great time!
Caroline watched Anne Louise on Friday night, but Saturday night was a bit more tricky because Caroline headed out for a CRUISE (we are SOOOO jealous)!! I was calling around for babysitter numbers late last week (which is apparently too late to try to arrange such a thing) and was getting desperate! One of my oldest friends and favorite people from high school (who also happens to be a pediatric nurse) offered to have Anne Louise spend the night with her family (including her THREE KIDS)!! We couldn’t believe it – what a generous offer! After trying countless times to get a babysitter, we ended up taking Allison up on her offer and Anne Louise had her first night away from home! Allie and her family took Anne Louse to church (they go on Saturday nights) and then back to their house for the night. Allison SAID Anne Louise did great, but she knows me VERY well, and I think she would say that no matter what. Her youngest daughter kept calling AL “babysitter,” which I thought was too cute! Anyway, Patrick and I enjoyed our big night out at the wedding and are so grateful for such wonderful friends who kept our little girl over night for us! Oh, and when Allison took Anne Louise, she told me not to call a bunch to check in – are you serious? If I was ever going to NOT WORRY about Anne Louise, this was it – get real, she was with an expert (did I mention a pediatric nurse) and a great mom on top of that, so it was a stress-evening for us! After church today, we had a wonderful evening together at home and then dinner tonight with my mom, Joan, and Joan’s boyfriend Kris who was in town for the weekend. Its been a great couple of days thanks to some very special people!!


0 comments:
Post a Comment