CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, April 16, 2009

I Love You More Today Than Yesterday, But Not As Much As Tomorrow!

If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal. If I have the gift of prophecy and can fathom all mysteries and all knowledge, and if I have a faith that can move mountains, but have not love, I am nothing. If I give all I possess to the poor and surrender my body to the flames, but have not love, I gain nothing.
Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It is not rude, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.
Love never fails. But where there are prophecies, they will cease; where there are tongues, they will be stilled; where there is knowledge, it will pass away. For we know in part and we prophesy in part, 10but when perfection comes, the imperfect disappears. When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put childish ways behind me. Now we see but a poor reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. And now these three remain: faith, hope and love. But the greatest of these is love.
1 Corinthians 13:1-13
Today is our Fourth Wedding Anniversary. My, how time flies when you're having fun! Tomorrow and Saturday, we are going to a marriage conference at the Barnabas Center, and Saturday night, Caroline is babysitting Anne Louise while we head to the Ballentyne Resort for a night away! There are three songs that were very special to Patrick and me when we got married, and we had a hard time narrowing it down for our "first dance! We used Rascal Flatts' "God Blessed the Broken Road" for our first dance, Al Green's "Let's Stay Together" for our last dance, and Steve Wonder's "I Love You More Today Than Yesterday" for our wedding video. The lyrics of those songs mean as much to us now as they did four years ago. However, our wedding vows were the most significant words that day! As with all marriages, its certainly a struggle at times to keep the promises we made before God and our family and friends. But the Lord has certainly blessed us beyond any measure, and we take this day to reflect and reaffirm those precious vows (thanks to our minister for getting us a copy of the exact words). We pray that the Lord will continue to bless our marriage, help us in our difficult times, and most importantly, keep us focused on Him.


I, Patrick , take you Patricia to be my God given wife, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, till death do us part, according to God’s holy Word and thereto I pledge thee my faith. “Let all others choose this day whom they will serve, but as for me and my house, we will serve the Lord.”

I, Patricia, take you Patrick, to be my God given husband, to have and to hold, from this day forward, for better, for worse, for richer, for poorer, in sickness and in health, to love and to cherish, to honor and obey, till death do us part, according to God’s holy Word and thereto I pledge thee my faith. “Let your heart trust in me, and have no lack of gain. May I do good and not evil, all the days of your life, and by God’s grace, may my mouth be opened in wisdom, and may I have kindness in my speech.” I make this vow, in the name of Christ our Lord.


0 comments: