*Ok, so I am WAY behind on posting here. This is an old post that has been in draft for a while, and we hope to catch up with pictures from our visit to Va Beach this weekend. But this picture is her 2 month picture and this post SHOULD have been posted 2 weeks ago!!
Anne Louise kicked off her two-month birthday weekend last Friday with a visit to the doctor for her checkup and shots. She is certainly a growing girl! She now weighs 12 lbs 9 ounces (90th percentile) and is 23 inches long (75th percentile). Her head circumference is in the 85th percentile, although I'm not totally sure what that means . . . but its growing, too! Anne Louise did an excellent job of being smiley and alert for the doctor, so of course she got a great report! And she was SUCH a trooper for the shots - much better than me, I think! She let out a huge wail for the first one, and the second shot was pretty quick. It was SOOO hard to watch her cry like that - her face was so red and it was almost like she stopped breathing! But right afterwards, I was able to hold her and it was time for her to eat anyway, so the doctor told me to go ahead and nurse her. She instantly stopped crying to eat and was fine for the ride home! We are amazed at how fast Anne Louise is growing! Compare the picture above with the picture of her in the same chair with the same pillow taken about a month ago (
click here).
That afternoon, we hosted playgroup at our house. The usual group of boys (Adler, Enzo and Clayton) joined us, and this time we even invited another GIRL! Janie was born exactly a week before Anne Louise, and her mom Bonnie Green works at the firm where I used to work. The babies had a great time, and Anne Louise didn't seem TOO jealous to have another girl taking the boys' affection (although Adler didn't try any of his old tricks on Janie)!

(From Left to Right) Janie, Anne Louise, Enzo, Adler and Clayton
(AL to Janie) "Hey Janie, Watch that Adler guy. He's a big flirt. Plus, I already have dibs on him."
Clayton trying to "pet" Adler.
That same weekend, our good friend John Seymour invited Patrick to go bird hunting at a hunting club in South Carolina called Duck Bottom Plantation. Patrick has not stopped talking about much fun he had! He said he did alright during the bird hunting, but also had a blast doing the 5-stand and the sporting clay course.



He had a great time, but that meant Anne Louise and I were ON OUR OWN for the weekend (scary . . . .). Friday night, AL and I went to the Thurmans for happy hour, which turned into dinner hour and would've turned into late night if Anne Louise didn't start acting sleepy around 9:30. We had a great time! Andy even performed the song he wrote for AL called "Anne Waleez."
Saturday, I helped to host a baby shower for my friend Covell, who is expecting a boy in May. This shower was super special because Covell asked me to be one of his godparents - I'm so touched and very excited!

We had a good time, but since the past 24 hours were so eventful, we just laid low on Saturday night. Anne Louise was such a DREAM all weekend - sleeping well, eating well, and being a generally happy baby. She is my precious angel for sure!
This past weekend, we headed to Wrightsville Beach. Every year, Patrick and I (and now Anne Louise) get together with some of my best friends from law school to celebrate Misty's Birthday and Patrick's Birthday, which conveniently fall during the ACC Tournament. Its a tradition that has pretty much become my favorite weekend of the year! Although Carolina didn't win, we had a great time with our friends. Anne Louise could not have been any better - she did wonderful on the drive down and back, she slept well, and she even did great during her first non-family-babysitter experience! I wish we had taken a picture of our car packed up for the weekend trip - we took so much baby gear!





And do NOT worry about this last picture - AL did not sleep in the bed with us! Although, we did let her "rest" with us for morning naps so we could get a few extra hours sleep in!!
We hope to post more soon! Our "insane lifestyle" has been in full effect these past few weeks, which has prevented me from posting as frequently as I like. But we've had the camera with us the whole time and have some great photos to share!
0 comments:
Post a Comment