CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 2, 2008

Halloween Weekend and Couples' Shower


We had a fun Halloween Weekend. As part of our Halloween tradition, Patrick spends a lot of time contemplating and carving the pumpkin. Our first year married, he carved our monogram. Last year, it was a the Carolina Panthers logo. This year, he carved "Herbie." (For those that haven't read our first post, that is what we are calling the baby.) Normally, we dress up to hand out candy, but I dropped the ball on that this year. It turned out to not be a big deal, however, because we only had about 5 trick or treaters. Earlier in the day, Patrick had a Halloween Party at work, and his group won Honorable Mention in the costume contest! The group included "John McCain," "Sarah Palin," "Sarah Palin's pregnant daughter," and "Joe, the Plumber" (Patrick). Patrick stayed dressed up as Joe the Plumber to hand out candy, but I'm pretty sure none of the kids knew who he was. Here is a picture from the office group:
On Halloween night, we fixed a big pot of chili and had our wonderful neighbors Rich and Ave over for the festivities. Misty, one of my best friends from law school, was in town for the weekend with her fiance Luke, and our friends Ashley and Adam came over and brought their baby boy Adler, who was dressed in the CUTEST monkey costume. Patrick got plenty of practice holding a baby and worked very hard at calming Adler with a pacifier.


On Saturday, Patrick and I had our first baby shower! It was a couples' shower (meaning guys came, too), and we had a great time with our friends. One of the only things I have actually craved while being pregnant is chocolate chip cookies, so they had a HUGE cookie cake at the shower. It was absolutely delcious, and we have enough left over to last my cravings for at least a week!!

My sisters Joan and Caroline hosted the shower, along with my good friends Misty and Covell, who are in the picture below. Our friends Derick and Shelly were also hosts, but Shelly missed the shower because she was out of town visiting family and Derick had just left when I remembered to take a picture. With Misty and Caroline's help, Joan cooked some of the most luscious food ever (not suprising).


The party was great fun, and Patrick and I were so blessed to receive such nice baby gifts!
One of our favorites was a baby life jacket from our friends Matt and Polly because we LOVE anything on the water (and hope Herbie will love sailing/boating/anything on the water, too!). Last summer (2007), Patrick and I sailed from New Bern to Ocracoke (with a stayover in Oriental) on Matt's 35 foot boat. It was one of our favorite trips ever - but certainly a DINK trip. At least we have a great lifejacket in case we want to try that again with the baby!
We got an awesome baby jogger stroller from our neighbors that will be perfect for Patrick to use on his 6 mile runs that he's doing several times a week now (and I GUESS I will use it too, although the "jogger" part is probably not necssary since I will just be walking - ha!). Also, I just cannot get enough of the hoodie towels. This one was handmade with pink and green detail (perfect!) by the wife of David Dulin, who works with Patrick.
Luckily, Luke and Patrick spent Saturday morning finishing moving furniture out of the bedroom that is going to be the nursery -- just in time to fill it with things from the shower. We are so thankful for our generous friends!

0 comments: