Anne Louise LOVES glasses. That is an understatement. She has several pairs of sunglasses, although most of them are pink with some character on them and none that are very stylish. But she does not care. She will wear “Daddy’s gass-es,” “Mama’s gass-es,” or “An-weez gass-es.” She will wear glasses any time, any place, without regard to things like lenses or darkness or whether she looks cool or not. It probably has something to do with the fact that both Mama and Daddy ALWAYS have their shades nearby, and I love that she wants to join our multiple-pairs-of-sunglasses club. She also is a big fan of “koak-ies,” but she has yet to get her own pair (we’re talking about croakies, obviously, since they are a necessity that no Magee can live without).
In full disclosure, I realize that in 15 years, she is going to hate the fact these pictures are now part of internet history. But they are so funny, I have to post some pictures.
Bless her nerdy little heart . . . she doesn’t even care if there are no lenses . . . or if the glasses are on upside down.
Now, before you start thinking I’m a mean Mama for calling my precious little angel “nerdy,” as a lifelong glasses-wearer (since age 1, literally), I have been called nerd plenty of times. In fact, the pictures above FAR TOO CLOSELY RESEMBLE pictures of me with glasses when I was younger. The problem was, mine were for real . . . not a toy. Thanks a WHOLE lot to my parents.


0 comments:
Post a Comment