*Patrick surprised me with a WONDERFUL trip to Pinehurst, NC, for our 5th anniversary. More on that to come later, but the following is a special recap from Caroline about her weekend with AL.
So this weekend was Patrick and Tricia’s five year wedding anniversary, and Patrick wanted to make it super special. So about 3 months ago he told me he wanted to surprise Tricia with something – at the time he wasn’t sure what he wanted to do. I guess he started asking his friends for help because one of his friends said he could use their condo in Pinehurst, NC. Once he got that planned in March, Patrick contacted me to see if I would watch Annie Lou for the weekend. Last Thursday night I went over to Tricia and Patrick’s house to get the car seat installed in my car, and while I was waiting for Patrick to finish Tricia proceeded to hound me about where they were going and what they were doing. I tried to stay tight lipped about everything but I was really excited for them and I'm pretty sure I let something slip. Well, on Friday I left work at exactly at 5 because I was excited to be a single mom with the best baby in the world. When I finally found my way over to where Anne Louise was at her school, she squealed with delight when she saw me.
On the car ride from school we were talking, singing and giggling the whole way home which is the best way to start a weekend if you ask me. That night we had dinner and a bubble bath (well AL had the bubble bath) by 7 so for wind down time I thought it would be good for Annie Lou to get some education TV. We watched Yo Gabba Gabba, a program on Nick Jr. AL watched, danced and giggled the whole time until she figured out how to turn off the TV. At that point it was time for bed. The next morning Annie Lou woke up at 8 am, which is extremely early for me on the weekends but I did it, we had breakfast (partially burnt organic toaster straddle-esque for AL & honey nut cheerios for me). Annie Lou’s breakfast was only burnt because Tricia and Patrick’s toaster gets too hot – I didn’t mean to. We then (ok me) decided it would be good to go play in the bed and maybe take naps, which we did. So Anne Louise took a morning nap until 11 because we had very important lunch plans with Nana and Gogo (Aunt Joanie) at Fran’s Filling Station. Annie Lou loved sitting outside in front of the door to the restaurant telling everyone she saw “Hi!” Of course the people said hi back even when she said it like 12 times. She also loved fighting for, I mean sharing, Nana’s fries and getting ketchup all over herself.
When then went home played on the back porch for a little bit and then Annie Lou walked back to her room by herself because she was ready for another nap. We got up at 430ish we headed off to Harris Teeter to get AL's dinner and sides for mine. I have to say that going to the store with Annie Lou is an experience; don’t go unless you have on make-up, because she talks to EVERYONE – even if we’ve already said hi to them 4 other times in the store. I love Harris Teeter because they take your groceries to your car, load them in and take the cart back for you if you have a kid with you. (So everyone go pick up that stray child and go grocery shopping – you’ll receive great service at your local Harris Teeter.)
Once we got home and everything put away. I put AL's dinner in the toaster oven because the microwave is broken, and we went to the back porch to play and watch Max and Ruby, another Nick Jr. program. She didn’t seem to enjoy this one as much as Yo Gabba Gabba because there wasn’t as much singing and dancing. Of course during that time Annie Lou’s dinner burnt (the directions said 40 minutes it was only in there for 30 minutes. I may lack Tricia and Joan’s fabulous cooking skills but I can set a timer and temperature – the thing just likes to burn things.) AL did enjoy her broccoli pot pie after I took the top crust off. After her dinner we had wind down time in her room and she went to bed early because she was getting fussy. I then had my luscious dinner (steak, mashed red skin potatoes, and an artichoke with a mayo Dijon mustard dip) and went to bed early.
Unfortunately because we went to bed early, Annie Lou woke up at 630 in the morning – I wasn’t thrilled about it because it was still dark outside. So I changed her, gave her a sippy cup of milk, some books and explained to her that 630 a.m. is an ungodly hour to be up and because it was still dark we were staying in bed. She understood and after some talking to her Teddy and Piggy, she went back to sleep until 8. We then had breakfast exactly the same as Saturday but today I gave AL a few bites of my cereal, which of course she liked and wanted more of but I ate it all. Then we played until about 930ish because we (ok me again) were getting tired. So we took a nap. Then around 12 we went to lunch with Gogo to Salsaritas. Of course Miss Social Butterfly had to tell everyone hi, but we had fun. Annie Lou really enjoyed getting guacamole all over her and some in her mouth.
When we got home I kept telling her that Mommy and Daddy were coming home, so she proceeded to look out the door (see picture above) until about 2 when she headed back to her room for her nap. Tricia woke Annie Lou up around 345ish because she was asking sorta yelling out the front door for Patrick to get something from the car since he was outside. In a nutshell, Tricia had a surprise weekend from Patrick and Anne Louise has a surprise weekend with me. I think Tricia enjoyed her weekend more than Annie Lou did. Of course if I had to judge by all the laughing and giggling we did this weekend I would say Annie Lou enjoyed her weekend immensely and so did I.
THANKS AUNT CC FOR EVERYTHING!! AL had a blast (and so did we knowing that you were taking good care of her).


0 comments:
Post a Comment