Monday was a hectic day! Patrick and I both worked, and then I had a doctor's appointment with the specialist that afternoon. Patrick was so busy at work and had an appointment with some clients, so he was unable to go to the doctor's appointment (this is the FIRST of all of them that he has missed), but Joan GLADLY filled in for him. She was mostly just excited to see Herbie "live" on the ultrasound screen. She wasn't disappointed because she got to see all kinds of things - including the "practice breathing" and heart pumping away. One of the cuter things was when the baby was grabbing her foot - you could clearly see the hand holding the little foot. Joan was excited about that one and even got a souvenir picture of it to take home.
As for the doctor's report, everything is still stable. It was a different specialist than we have normally seen, but this doctor's evaluation was pretty much identical to the others. Nothing new, except he thought that I may be able to deliver "naturally" instead of a c-section. We'll see about that as things get closer. Also, Herbie is still measuring big. I'm 34 weeks, but she's measuring on average at about 36/37 weeks (they look at her leg bones, her skull, and arm - I think . . . and I'm sure some other things, too). That doesn't count the abdomen because its bigger than normal due to the fluid. Other than that, the appointment was pretty much uneventful. The most memorable part was hearing Joan's reactions to everything - the heartbeat, the questions about what body part was what, and the overall excitement to actually see the baby.
That night, Patrick and I went to the Panthers' game against Tampa Bay. It was a big deal because the winner would take control of the NFC South, so the crowd was REALLY into it! Other than it being VERY cold, it was one of the most fun football games we've seen. We split season tickets this year with Joan, and the seats are right next to my aunt and uncle, so that makes it even more fun. Dale is Melvyn's brother, and I could not resist posting this picture of him in Lyn's hat and scarf. (Lyn was horrified and is trying to hide under her coat at the bottom right of the picture - Dale is staring at her). 

The game was close right up until the end, but luckily the Panthers played great and won the game. Our seats were right near the end zone where the Panthers were trying to score at the end of the game, so had an awesome view of the victory.
All in all, it was a good but very busy day. Tonight we were FINALLY able to decorate our Christmas tree (that we have had since last Wednesday), and hopefully, we'll be able to get a good night's sleep to make up for our hectic weekend and Monday.



0 comments:
Post a Comment