CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Sunday, November 13, 2011

A Letter To Our Precious One-Year Old Spencer (written “shortly” after her 1st bday but accidentally never posted)

Dear Spencer aka Spency aka Buggy aka Bugalicious aka Sissy aka Mischief,

Thank you for being such a special little girl.  This first year has flown by, and several times, you’ve had to take a back seat to your big sis (with a big personality), and all the while, you’ve developed your own sweet little personality, too.  Thank you for letting me hold you all the time . . . ALL the time.  Sometimes I think I pretend that you are still only a few months old needing to held and cuddled – the interesting thing is that you were never needy during your early months.  But oh are you now – at least with Mama and Daddy.  Your teachers say you aren’t clingy at school.  But, I can’t get enough squeezes, kisses, or giggles, and YOU KNOW IT. I mean, I’m not calling you high maintenance . . . or maybe I am, but your little fits when I walk in the room at school or Sunday school and don’t immediately pick you up are cute and not cute all at the same time.  I’m sure I’m spoiling you by holding you at every little whimper you make . . . but you’re so cuddly and I can’t get enough!!   Thank you for being so giggly – your laugh is unmistakable.  Your cry, unfortunately, is too.  But we take the good with the bad, missy, and your good FAR outweighs the bad.  You have such a curious spirit.  I think “curious” might be the word that describes you best.  Daddy calls you “mischievous,” and it’s a perfect fit.  We didn’t even know what childproofing meant until you came along – getting into cabinets, the toilet, bags, wipes, diapers – any container that comes along, you are determined to empty it.  You can play by yourself, which is awesome since you’re a second child with a big sister that wants to be around you (and in your face) at every moment.  I appreciate that you can entertain yourself, and when you’ve become bored with your surroundings – you let us know it!  You like a challenge and new things, and I’m hoping those desires carry you far.  Speaking of your sister, you two are adorable.  I love that AL wants to be the FIRST one into your room each morning, and I love how she greets you with “Good morning baby sister” or “Good morning sweet gu-rrrl,” and you return the greeting with giggles and smiles and laughs.  You follow her everywhere, either literally or with your eyes watching her every move.  You’re not walking yet*, but you have mastered the super-fast-crawl, moving at the speed of light if it means you will be closer to AL.  Soon you will be able to keep up, but for now you are full of true adoration, and I see you two being best friends forever.  I couldn’t ask for more.

You are truly a blessing from God.  Fitting right into our crazy family.  You go with the flow – unless you don’t want to.  But even then, you are easily pacified with hugs, not with a pacifier or blanket (although you love your lovie you seem to call “WaWa”).  You are starting to assert your independence.  Hopefully, you’re not learning too much of this from your sister – then again, hopefully you are.  You have a look that says “No” without words, and I’m anticipating some Magee sister revolts in our near future.  You are already talking up a storm – Dada, Mama (although that one took a while), More (that one, little miss piggy, came before Mama), Bye-Bye, Bar (Briar), Mo-mo (Elmo) are some of your favorites you like to repeat.  You favorite times of day are: (1) any time you are eating (and you haven’t met a food you don’t like except avocado), (2) any time AL is paying attention to you, and (3) bathtime.  Oh how you love bathtime.  You stand by the tub and stare and laugh while it fills --- giddy with excitement, and you have such a good time playing in the water.  You spend a lot of time in the kitchen – playing with the toy kitchen, and I love that you enjoy cooking already.  You are not a fan of Briar at least up close – if he’s at a distance, then you LOVE him, constantly saying his name over and over again and waving.  Your other favorite time is whenever Daddy walks in the door.  Even if I’m holding you, you get a gleam in your eye, get all antsy and reach for your Dada and I. LOVE. IT.  {and so does he I’m sure}. 

You truly are an amazing little piece of proof of God’s love.  You bring such joy to my life with your smile and giggle and your snuggliness.  Thank you for letting us know that you love us, and thank you for letting us love you.  I can’t wait to watch you grow.

With all my love my precious baby girl,

Mama

*She’s walking now and ON THE MOVE!

Here are some pictures from her actual birthday, which I think should be entitled birthday party #4 (or 5 maybe . . . I lost count).  She woke up to singing lead by her big sis, enjoyed a cinnamon roll breakfast, had a great checkup at the doctor’s office, ate cupcakes at school with friends, and enjoyed yummy Mellow Mushroom and cookie cake for dinner with Nana and CC.  It was a great day!

bday bfast 2bday bfast 3bday bfast 4bday breakfast 1bday dinnerbday dinner 2bday dinner desertbday kiss sisterbday kiss sister 2bday schooldr visit 1 bday

bday pjsDSC_0014DSC_0021DSC_0022DSC_0032DSC_0058

0 comments: