CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Friday, June 3, 2011

These are a few of our favorite things

Every year (for the past 18 years) the Wilson family heads to the High Hampton Inn for Memorial Day weekend. And every year we do the same thing, stay in the same rooms in Oak cottage, and even eat the same foods. Sometimes we even take the same pictures. 

2009good group 12010High Hampton 20102011DSC_0228 Sometimes in the same outfits.

Anne Louise (2009)DSC_0506Spencer (2011)DSC_0308We have it all down to a science really. so, instead of the normal recap of what we did (like I did here), I thought I'd let everyone else do the talking. At least in terms of what their favorite part was this year.

Cue Julie Andrews, here are a few of our favorite things .....

THE MARCUS WILSONS

Marcus:  After such a good trip, I've got way more than one or two favorite memories - golf with Marcus, Andrew, Patrick, Kris and KB (including watching KB's cart careen down the mountain with his Daddy still in it); table time and the encouraging and edifying devotions by Patrick, Kris and Ross;  walking/running to the T and sitting next to the waterfall with Martha, Sara Frances, Hill, Denise and Ross; jumping in the freezing lake with Marcus, Andrew, Hill and KB; winning corn hole with my favorite partner (Martha!);DSC_0102 driving golf balls at no. 8 green; DSC_0349DSC_0350kayaking with Sara Frances, et al. (including coordinating the rescue operation for KB and Kris with Andrew, Patrick and Marcus); watching Marcus, Andrew, Tricia, Caroline, Denise, Joan and Kris "clog"; having 6 days with Little Man; DSC_0061DSC_0065DSC_0069DSC_0407DSC_0252DSC_0630sitting in front of the lodge fireplace at 6:30 am with Andrew, Ross and Hill; eating Denise's pound cake; attending Whiteside Presbyterian, listening to Patrick strumming and singing and on and on - I wish we were back there now getting ready for dinner.

Martha:   My favorite part of the trip was Sunday...beginning with church, lunch and Sunny Silver pie, DSC_0321DSC_0323DSC_0324followed by a hike to the "T," watching the guys dive into the freezing lake, Tea time, the devotional by Ross, DSC_0412the picnic, DSC_0451watching all of the Wilsons clog,DSC_0572DSC_0618DSC_0729DSC_0736DSC_0737DSC_0738DSC_0740DSC_0759DSC_0772 meeting someone from Mississippi and winding down to Patrick playing the guitar in the cool mountain air DSC_0803....the perfect HH Day!

Marcus, Jr.

Andrew:  A few memories: (1) the cold dip in the lake and almost tipping over that platform, (2) hitting the 8th green from the lawn.DSC_0351DSC_0352DSC_0353

Baby Andrew:  I’m guessing he would say, “playing with the family.”DSC_0016DSC_0019DSC_0026DSC_0078DSC_0099DSC_0170DSC_0395DSC_0396Or maybe just “Playing with Five Hour Energy.”  DSC_0399DSC_0416DSC_0465

Sara Frances:  Still waiting to hear from her once she gets a chance to take a break from doing an AWESOME job at her internship! 

THE ROSS WILSONS

Ross: Sam Forrester (at Whiteside Presbyterian Church)DSC_0298

Denise: The canoe trip.  DSC_0024DSC_0025DSC_0116DSC_0117DSC_0133The next generation of Wilsons @ the table @ HH.  Clogging – if the one woman is still going strong @ 78, just think how many more years we have to look forward to.  The many memories of Grandmother and Uncle Sam HH brings back.

Hill: Still waiting to hear from him, but I’m sure he had a great time meeting a new friend, KB.DSC_0185DSC_0194DSC_0204 

Anne:  Denise said that Anne started clapping her hands as soon as we turned down the driveway @ HH on Friday night (in the dark).  DSC_0380DSC_0545Just another indication of how much HH means to her and how much she really understands, but can’t tell us! 

THE SAM WILSONS (and MAGEES and special guests, the BAUERS)

Patrick: Spending time with my family. DSC_0012DSC_0013DSC_0144DSC_0240DSC_0391DSC_0421 Dancing on stage with Anne Louise.DSC_0559DSC_0568DSC_0627DSC_0636

Tricia:  My favorite part was being outside with the family in amazing weather and taking lots of pictures of everyone having so much fun.DSC_0223DSC_0348DSC_0361DSC_0363DSC_0021DSC_0095DSC_0111DSC_0186DSC_0189DSC_0212DSC_0255DSC_0273DSC_0397DSC_0411DSC_0435DSC_0448DSC_0472DSC_0549DSC_0550DSC_0580DSC_0670

Anne Louise:  Dancing on stage.DSC_0458DSC_0459DSC_0479DSC_0480DSC_0482DSC_0483DSC_0484DSC_0485And eating things I’m not normally allowed to eat.DSC_0651DSC_0655DSC_0656DSC_0659DSC_0661

Spencer: Doing anything anywhere as long as my big sister is paying attention to me.DSC_0125DSC_0126DSC_0145DSC_0146DSC_0080DSC_0513DSC_0514DSC_0517DSC_0523DSC_0863

Caroline: I think one of my favorite parts was when Annie Lou started singing that Friday song. DSC_0103But I also liked hanging out with the fam listening to Patrick
and Lauren sing. DSC_0806Lauren singing Somewhere Over the Rainbow is the best I've ever heard it sung. I also really enjoyed spending time and hanging out with KB & Kelsey.

Joan: Canoeing with Kelsey and avoiding all trees/spiders. DSC_0124DSC_0126Might be the first time I’ve done the canoe trip and not had to yell at someone in my canoe. BBQ/Clogging/Patrick singing – eating, acting like a fool and relaxing.  Also loved the family/kid time at the dinner table. It was nice to smile every morning when Anne Louise would say “mama, don’t let her take my food away” and “Jenna may I peas have chocky miiilk” and then cringe as she got yogurt all over the place. KB ordering cocoa puffs at every meal also made me laugh. HAPPY VACATION!! J I was proud of the variety of things that Kelsey tried which were out of her comfort zone (no, the desserts were not out of anyone’s comfort zone!) as well as what an awesome help she was with AL. DSC_0159DSC_0639DSC_0375I imagine that if AL could type emails, she would mention sitting next to Kelsey at meals and “sharing” desserts. DSC_0386Spencer resting her bottle on the table but still drinking it, was priceless. DSC_0381DSC_0382DSC_0384I so appreciated the conversations with Ross and Denise about how to try and improve things at work. The Titus 2 and 1 Thessalonians readings were practical reminders of how we are to live – I have a new favorite with Titus.

Kris: Playing two holes of golf (before KB an unauthorized driver accidentally drove let the golf cart roll down the hill).  Clogging.DSC_0754DSC_0758DSC_0762

Kelsey:  My favorite memory was just hanging out with the family, DSC_0006DSC_0205DSC_0325DSC_0400DSC_0020DSC_0245cropDSC_0369DSC_0394DSC_0402DSC_0493DSC_0797but if I had to pick it would be watching Marcus clog.DSC_0728DSC_0729DSC_0734

KB: The canoe trip.DSC_0049DSC_0139DSC_0142

As Martha noted in the early hours of Monday morning before everyone hit the road heading in different directions, we are ALL looking forward to next year.DSC_0827DSC_0833

0 comments: